quarta-feira, 6 de janeiro de 2010

Saudades


 

"Saudade" the 7th most difficult word on the world to translate to any other language. Its meaning is quite obvious to any portuguese speaker, but translating it to english is quite a task. There's no equivalent word. We can say we miss something or someone, but it doesn't have all the warm and melancholic feeling associated with the word "saudade". "Saudade" is the missing feeling itself and there's no other word i can use to describe what i feel right now.

I'm so close, yet so far... I miss the morning cold freezing my bones, i miss the stillness of the sun arising from the mountains and warming the sweet vision of dawn, i miss the exciting feeling of stepping on what seems like untouched grounds of a fresh new day, i miss the sound of the wild running waters, i miss the wind pitilessly slapping my face, i miss the birds cacophony in the end of the day, i miss the horses, i miss the workers and the jeep rides, i miss the curvy and pitted dirt roads, i miss the flocks of sheep and their ringing bells' sound, i miss the trees and the rocks, i miss the vultures in the sky, i miss, i miss, i miss...!! I miss other things as well... some of them i miss so damn much... things that have nothing to do with my lately daily life, things that make me nervous and happy at the same time, things that i don't dare to talk about on this blog of mine...

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get back to action (or something close to it) and I won't miss those things so much... at least, part of them... others, well others will just have to wait :)

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário