sexta-feira, 13 de novembro de 2009

Break

5 pm... I´m alone in my room... cozily sited in my spot, i lie in darkness... the last rays of light shine through my window, but they can´t reach me... the sun´s fading away... and i... i am still here. Celtic music fill my ears and guide my fingers... but something´s not right... words don´t come out... I try to focus, but i now am in total darkness... 2 days have gone by... but everything´s the same as before... time seems still...

I shake off those thoughts and concentrate... things happened =)

Yesterday we went once again to the other side of the river . After my first good night of sleep i wake up peaceful and wistful... On the way I gaze thoughtfully into the landscape... it´s the same as the day before, yet it has changed... or was it me? The metal music is playing again, but today it´s somehow bothering me... like it doesn´t fit my mood... i try to ignore it and focus on the way, i must find the path we´re looking for, it´s somewhere before the bridge. On the road a flock of sheep appears, they seem so clumsy ^^ One of them follows the flock literally jumping... wish i had the camera at hand to capture that moment. It looks happy =) And makes me smile =) A game comes into my mind, Sheep, Dog, 'n' Wolf  x) sheep sure are cute creatures ^^

We find the path, but the car can´t continue on it... we leave it behind and go on by foot... The area seems pretty nice and well conserved, many trees are seen and birds are everywhere on their morning cacophony. Finally a path that goes up first, allowing us to go down on the way back :) After a kilometer or so we reach a belvedere... the sight, spectacular =) But our walk does not end here... the path, even though wilder, goes on till the top of the hill. On the way we sight something in the sky, our first guess is the griffin vulture. The lack of proper sun light doesn´t allow us to see its colors, but the tail seems to be too large and the acrobatics they´re doing don´t fit it at all. Our second guess? Golden Eagles =) A pair have a nest nearby, so it´s probably them =)

When we reach the top something captures our attention... remains of a large animal, probably a donkey or a horse, lay on the ground in what first looks like a ditch. This place seems to have been used before like some kind of animal graveyard. It´s the perfect spot for a new vulture feeding site. Everything Eduard needed! The place turns out to be very interesting for me as well, the ditch, even though drought, is a water line.





I have to say that i loved this place =) words? Don´t have them... The river runs down the hill... its sound can be heard hundreds of meters above, reaching our ears... mixed with the sound of the wind, it reminds me of the sea, giving me strength...
 The way back is easy. We spot a few partridges, lucky for them we´r not hunters... they´r way too noisy when they take flight. 




Back on the car we decide to explore the middle and northwest zone of Faia Brava. Easier said than done though... we get to Cidadelhe, a nearby village, and make our way to one of the pigeon houses. From there there´s a path that leads to one water line, we stare at it and think twice... laziness seems to have stricken us both today, so the path seems way too long to go by foot... we decide to come back later, once we get our hands on the jeep =3

We have lunch in Cidadelhe... accompanied by local dogs who stare at us asking for food, we play around with them and give them part of our food :) After that it´s time to find the way to the north part of the reserve, but that shows to be impossible on a normal car... after trying to find alternate ways to the pitted dirt road, leading us to circle walks around the town, we try to follow it... slowly and trying to avoid any holes and rocks, it eventually becomes impassable and we have to go back... going by foot is also out of question... frustrated for having our plans changed, new ones are made. Eduard goes to Guarda one day earlier and returns on thursday, allowing us to get back to work on friday. With this on our minds we return home... 

Laziness gets the best of me and I spend the rest of the day doing nothing =) back to my usual place, interesting things go on the internet world... it´s funny how some people can surprise us every once in a while ;P

My sleep, tranquil again, revitalizes me, giving me energy for another day... Being alone doesn´t trouble me at all... I´m more than used to it... but it does give me a strange feeling...

With no big plans for the day I set on to explore the city a little bit... there´s not much to see though. The roads are almost empty... i feel like i´m in a ghost town... feeling that is stressed by the chilling temperature... Sometimes a car goes by and a person walks out of house, except that, everything is quiet... I follow to Anthony's work place, i need to talk with him about a few matters, but as i get there he has already left... With nothing left to do I return home... 

Back at home I have nothing to do... I turn on the computer, it´s my only companion in times like this... I´m grateful to find that once again there´s someone on the other side that i can talk to =) This way time goes by faster =)  But I don´t surrender to total laziness and decide to clean up the house... spider webs are all over the place, but i take care of that quickly =) After a few hours everything is scented, leaving me with a victorious feeling... mission accomplished!

And here I lie now... writing all those meaningless things... that somehow fulfill me :)

My eyes become heavy telling me that once again it´s time to go to bed...

Sleep tight everyone =) 

Tomorrow´s a new day...


1 comentário:

  1. Gosto mesmo de ler estes teus testamentos! =) Não é só por seres minha amiga :P Mas são textos que têm mais que uma simples descrição do dia-a-dia...gosto! :)

    Força! ;) e...amanha é outro dia! =)

    ***

    ResponderEliminar