terça-feira, 24 de novembro de 2009

Routine


10 pm... I´m comfortably sited on my bed with my laptop on my legs... the day is in its end, but i´m not that tired. The moon smiles me through the window, reminding me that nothing is still, everything changes... thankfully :)  I welcome its wisdom and let its light embrace me... i feel peaceful :)

I´m not really sure of what I´ll be writing here today... (let´s just say that i was somehow convinced by someone to do it... =P) but something will surely come up...!

The weekend is way gone and a new week has started... not much happened though... days seem to be going on faster and faster... like a train that took its time to take off, but is finally reaching its normal speed... It´s funny how relative time is... sometimes it feels like it flies by, others like it´s still... and yet our clocks always move at the same speed... or so they say. Time and Distance, 2 of the greatest mankind illusions... as my life goes on, the more certain i am about it ;)


Back on the topic ^^ This last few days were very peaceful... on friday i did pretty much nothing... and on the weekend i did nothing as well =P  I organized a few things, but except that it was a very tranquil weekend :) i think i was needing it though... sometime to be on my own, enjoying my own laziness ^^ 

Now... today... today was a nice day i suppose :) it was that kind of normal day... 


(I´m afraid i´m falling into routine... no way O.o .... can´t let that happen...! let´s twist this...!)


I´m in Faia Brava... we´ve just taken the workers to the olive grove and we are now meeting with Fernando to help him out. He´s gonna take water to some horses and needs our help to put the container in the truck... "our help"... it was more eduard´s help xD but i did give moral support ^^ 

The plans for the day were simple, all we had to do was collect the camera from the vulture feeding site and the one in the nascent with the curious footprints. We head to the vulture feeding site by jeep... this journey, done a few times by foot, is way easier by car... but not as exciting as well... as usual, i lose myself on the sights, and "wake up" when we arrive. Today no vultures can be seen... leaving the skies empty... Inside the feeding site we notice that the camera was moved... we wonder what caused it, but no conclusion is reached... it probably was an animal :) We also inspect the carcasses, but nothing new is reported... next stop? Other side of the river ^^ On the way we make a little detour to check the path to the black stork nest... we easily find it and notice a nearby flock of sheep wandering around... the sound of their bells soar throughout the mountain, reaching my ears and somehow relaxing me... Soon enough, the shepherd and his dog arrive, putting the sheep in order. The dog quickly sights us and as he gets nearer we find out that he once had lunch with us :)  Back on the car we get on the track again... As we reach the nascent, bad signs are found... 1st the water seems untouched... 2nd some grasses have crossed the camera's viewpoint =S I kinda lose my hope in this spot and we head back to Faia Brava. On the way, the cellphone rings... It´s anthony and he has some bad news... an otter has been found dead by a local shepherd´s dogs =S  It´s my first vision of one... and it was such a sad one... with a gracious and long body, it´s kind of a personal objective to see one of these animals alive in the wild... almost intact, we could see what probably were dog´s bites in its flesh...




We have lunch in Faia Brava and spend a little time there :) A female horse named Zora tries to capture our attention to her own personal problems... food! She´s pregnant, she´s hungry, she wants to eat =P  We´ve been getting along for some days now ^^ I´ve been feeding her with fresh leaves :) She´s a very nice horse and really, really smart ;) 






On the end of the day we head back to pick up the workers... a strange feeling takes over me... somehow i feel like i don´t belong... they look at us like as we´re the bosses and that leaves me uncomfortable... that´s not who I am... and not how i feel... i roam around as their finish their work and isolate myself... i pick up a nice spot on the low stone walls and focus on the landscape...the sun is setting... its light struggling to cross the clouds... the most various things come to me... but one in particular has been crossing my mind lately...




 After taking all the workers home we head to anthony´s working place to deliver the otter... a few formal procedures are taken and then it´s time to watch the pictures the cameras have taken ^^ Great expectations are created =P Anthony prays for a wolf =P but... all we see is... birds :P little fellows crossing the camera... some of them a little rare :) but no mammals, except of course, the night fox ;)  In the nascent however no picture was taken :S better places will come i hope :)



Back on home, here I am... writing... It´s 1 am, so i should probably go to bed now... (I said i was gonna blame someone tomorrow...)

2 comentários:

  1. =) Gosto muito de te ler, parceirinha!

    Força nessa tua caminhada!:)

    Qualquer coisa que precises..ja sabes que estou aqui :)

    Beijinhos*gosti!

    P.S.: Se quiseres quebrar a rotina e vir um fim de semana ao Porto, estás à vontade!Tens uma porta aberta para ti =P **

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Obrigado linda :D

    Agradeço o convite, mas tá complicado ;P quem sabe um fds destes :)

    Beijinhos**
    tb gosti ^^

    ResponderEliminar