sexta-feira, 2 de setembro de 2011

Rain rain rain

I don't know exactly at what time I woke up today, but it happened repeatedly starting around 4.30 am. The rain and wind outside was obvious even to me in my half-asleep status. Cozily wrapped in the sheets I kept on closing my eyes, just to open them again until I decided to get out of bed 2h later. It was still dark outside and the rain was falling heavily. I grabbed some milk and cereals for breakfast, but the rain did not stop falling, leaving me 2 choices: one, stay home doing pretty much nothing; two, get ready, go outside, reach the metro totally soaked and  probably with a dead laptop. Hmmm. Any other options available? I have no raincoat, no umbrella, my backpack is old and definitely not resistant to water, so... yeah, stay home. I let myself enjoy the rain outside and soon enough the power goes down. Great. As if I wasn't sufficiently bored. I could have gone for a walk in the rain, yes, it's been a long time since I last had one...but... hmm i guess i wasn't in the mood. I took the opportunity to organize my lab notebook and eventually the power came back, but not the internet. Not my lucky day I guess. The rain stopped around lunch time and I eventually got ready to go out and eat something. Canteen downstairs? Closed. Great. They probably couldn't get things done with the lack of power during most of the morning. So there I went to the science's canteen. The food was something I can't really describe, some kind of lentil hamburger, I dunno.  It was eatable I guess, but no match for my mum's cooking ^^ Pitstop in the supermarket for some stuff and I'm back at home, happily with internet >.< Sited at my desk, writing, i remember those rainy days back at Figueira. The sun shyly entering my room. The sweet melancholy embracing me. I think about my weekend... It's been some weeks since I had so much free time. Nevertheless, I decide not to go to Faia Brava. Although I miss it and wouldn't really mind some sightseeing and birdwatching, I'd rather go there for the ringing session at the end of September. I'll find a way to entertain myself during the weekend =)

now... does anyone know where I can find an umbrella? I'll lose it most likely, so it'd better be cheap =P

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário